Sunday, November 14, 2010

Senior year fun? HA!


Hello friends.  My deepest apologies for not writing in over a month.  This just in: Senior year isn’t easy OR fun.  Here’s a little update of what’s been going on over the past month:
I applied to the University of Arkansas for a MFA in Creative Writing (PLEASE say a prayer that I get in)
I’ve been reading approximately three/four books a week
I became a godmother
I went to a wedding
I cried
I laughed
I danced

Now that we’ve got that out of the way, I can tell you the real story.  As I stated, I applied to the University of Arkansas.  I’m constantly sweating and panicked that I’m not going to get in and what I’m going to do if I don’t get in.  But then Jake rubs my back and reminds me not to stress.  I just have to remember that if I don’t get in then that wasn’t the plan for me.  Right?...

The real fun was this past weekend.  Jake and I went to his brother’s wedding.  It was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.  Might I add that I was totally jealous?  There were so many happy couples there.  I want to spend my life just like they are.  It seems that their lives are simple but full of happiness.  What more could a person wish for?  Life has been beyond amazing lately in my relationship with Jake and all I want to do is spend the rest of my life with him.  I know, I know; we’re too young, we don’t have ANY money, and we aren’t ready for that kind of commitment.  But, have you ever been so in love that all you want to do is start your life with that person as quickly as possible?  I have.  And for all you characters that think I’m here getting my “MRS degree” consider this:
Before I met Jake I told my dad to get rid of the money he and my mom had saved up for my wedding.  I’m serious.  I told him to buy himself something nice.  I had totally give up on love and then one day in our African American Studies class I changed my mind…
That’s enough mushy stuff for now.

Am I the only one have a miserably intense senior year?  I thought it was supposed to be full of boozing and cruisin’?  Wrong again, ghostwriter.  My classes are unbelievably difficult and I have recently developed a bit of a throw down with one of my teachers.  She’s a real bitch.  The main reason I don’t like her is because she has given me bad grades.  In a perfect world, I would get nothing lower than an A but this woman has actually had the ballz to give me a 0 on a 10 point quiz WHEN I WAS THERE.  The nerve!  THEN, I went to visit with her during her office hours and she attacked me like I was a communist.  I can’t handle it.  To top it all off, I have a 15 page paper due in her class tomorrow.  Oye.  I can’t wait for this semester to end.

The GOOD news is that I will be going home for ELEVEN days on Wednesday.  Bliss, pure bliss.  I will probably have to get my wisdom teeth taken out, but those babies are getting on my nerves anyway.  Oh no, I just realized my grades will probably be worse next semester without my wisdom teeth.  Ha.  Ha.  (Get it?)  I made a funny.

I’m ready for Thanksgiving and I believe I will do an extra special post for that wonderful holiday.  I’m now off to stick my face in another book (Can you believe it?!!?!?!)  Saveeeeeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Help me, Tom Cruise!

Keep your hearts open.

No comments:

Post a Comment