Monday, January 03, 2011

Social Experimentation: Part Deux.

The social experiment pretty much turned out the way I expected.  The young lawyers chatted with me about going out in Oxford and being in college while they nervously spoke to my Dad... until they had a few glasses of champagne.  Let me tell you something, a little bit of alcohol goes a long way when it comes to lawyers.  Those kids are so wound up and become different people when they drink.  They laugh.  I think they need to add more alcohol to their diets.  Those poor children have just about killed themselves and just need a little break if you ask me.  I'm glad they feel comfortable with me, especially when they are in our home.

Our family had a wonderful Christmas besides the fact that Pepaw (my grandfather) didn't show up.  He is around 87 (I can't really keep up) years old and is aging quite quickly these days.  It made me deeply sad that he didn't show up for I fear that this may have been his last Christmas.  I pray everyday that he will be with us for many more years, but his constant confusion and inability to take part of daily life concerns me. I believe every member of the family had a truly wonderful Christmas... there was just something in the air this year.  We all realized how lucky we were to be together.

Fast forward....zzzzzurrrrp
3 days after Christmas
My birthday!  Mom, Dad, and I went to Palm Springs, California.  My passion for California has been reignited.  There is something about the energy in California, the way people walk, the way people talk.  It seems as if everything is just more fun there.  And who doesn't need more fun in their lives?

I discovered a deep love for California at a very young age.  I have been very lucky in my life that my parents have taken me on trips with them- California was one of my favorites.  I love NoCal, I love SoCal.  I am an equal opportunity California lover.  The food and drink there don't hurt, either.

During this whirlwind adventure in the desert with two sixty-something-ers, I decided what I will do next year if I don't get into grad school.  Why, move to California, of course!  What will I do once I get there?  Get a job.  In fact, I applied for several jobs in San Francisco today.  Another great thing about California?  They love the southern accent.

This was a pretty boring post but I just wanted to update my loyal (HA!) readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment