Friday, June 11, 2010

Talk is cheap.

This is my first post. Obviously.
This blog is going to be my traveling partner throughout my last year at a dazzling college in the South. I may find myself writing part fiction/part reality but sometimes that happens. I am who I am. I'm changing all the names by request of my friends. They think they're celebrities... maybe they are.
Last night was my first night out since recovering from a massive stomach virus. The good news is I lost 10 pounds... okay, 7. I told myself I wouldn't drink too much but I'm kind of a lightweight nowadays. Especially since I puked my guts out for 5 days straight. It wasn't pretty. I believe my kittens were frightened for their dear lives, and mine.
I ran into one of my former flames. Oh boy did he have a mouth full for me. Riddle me this: do guys think that when they talk to you about how they don't want to hang out while simultaneously eye sexing you they are going to be successful? This is a serious question. I want an answer. I don't get it. To top it all off I even slipped in a tidbit about having a boyfriend and he said, "Well you should get rid of him pretty soon."
Really?...
I quickly retorted, "That will NEVER happen." As far as I'm concerned it won't.
I don't want to get too sappy here but I love my boyfriend. I do. Does this strange creature that slightly resembles a mountaineering beast think that he will be able to pull me away from this wonderful man? Wrong.
Before all of this awkward tango that I encountered at the bar (which was hotter than a baboon's backside, by the way) a little trick was played on me.
My friend, Charlotte*, sent me a text message of a picture. The picture was her left hand. I was temporarily blinded by what stared condescendingly at me from her ring finger. That’s right, and what a beauty it was. My breath caught in my chest, goose bumps (or as Pepaw calls them, goose pimples, which really grosses me out) arose on my arms and legs, and one glistening tear came to my eye. I instantaneously called her. A laughing voice answered me. I was bamboozled. She got me. Now, I pride myself in being a seasoned trickster, April Fools being my specialty. Charlotte got me.
I thought that maybe her boyfriend, who recently entered remission from testicular cancer, saw the light and realized what a gem this friend of mine is. He loves her, this I know, but it would be fun to help her plan a wedding.
In lieu of weddings, I got some fun news the other day. There is a reality show going to my hometown. This is shocking news to me. I never thought there would be anything reality-worthy going on there. The producer from “Cake Boss” contacted several women who work at a bridal boutique (which also sells dresses) and asked if they would like to participate in a reality show. I’m green with envy. I want to be famous. Maybe this blog will prove fruitful...?
Today is the 10 month anniversary of when one of my dearest friends left us. Susan. There's no need to change her name because her name said everything about her. Sweet, simple, and loving. Nothing less, but so much more. I miss her everyday and I know I'm not the only one. I wish everyone in the world could have known her. Her breath gave us life. I miss her so.
That’s all for now. I’m going out tonight so I’m sure there will be much to write about.
Au revoir.

2 comments:

  1. AS an anonymous poster, I would like to say that the ex-boyfriend is a fool. The new one is a jewel. Keep up the writing. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete