Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seven years bad luck.

I am almost 100% positive that I have been hit with 7 years bad luck.  A few weeks ago, I broke my favorite mirror, one that my dad gave me several Christmases ago.  It’s so sweet and little and says, “Daddy’s Little Girl.”  LOVE.  It is all glass and only a piece of the handle broke off.  But still, as Winnie the Pooh said, “7 years bad luck, oh bother.”

Literally the day after I broke the mirror I found out that several people had been saying less than favorable words about me.  Then I ran out of deodorant.  I’m compulsive about putting deodorant on, as I put it on about 5 times daily, and this is a huge problem for me when I run out.  Then I got sick.  Then my grandfather fell down and broke his ribs.  Then my friend didn’t win in an election yesterday.  THEN I got a B on a test.  Oye.

7 years bad luck?  This is going to be a long 7 years.

However, the whole election thing pissed me off more than usual.  You see, I am a bit jaded in the whole election/campaigning process ever since Jake ran for Vice President of the student body last February.  I have never hated anything as much as I did those few weeks.

Unfortunately, very few of the people that said they would help Jake…didn’t.  I was forced to do a lot of the heavy lifting.  I put his name out there and campaigned like it was nobody’s business.  And guess what?  He lost.  I was so pissed I cried.  It’s hard to accept that someone doesn’t like the person that you love more than anything in the world.  It’s even harder to realize that people don’t like you enough to click on your name.  It’s a tough world out there.

In any event, I hope this bad luck doesn’t last for a whole 7 years.  If it does I am in for a bumpy ride.  I have been trying to figure my life out (as usual) and I think I want to teach preschool.  How am I going to survive on this salary, you ask?  I have no clue.  Hopefully my parents will find a pocket of love in their hearts to help me buy groceries.  The thing is I don’t know how to maneuver this dream of mine.  In a few months I will have a BA in English and I need some sort of degree in Early Childhood Education.  Oh brother. 

Any life suggestions would be wonderful.  In a perfect world, I would teach preschool during the day and then write at night.  No rhyme intended.  I would also cook a fancy dinner every night for Jake.  My obsession with food is only on the rise, thanks to Food Network… and Sonic.  I know this is sick but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sonic.  I recently have developed a new obsession for French Toast Sticks from Sonic.  I dislike French toast very much but these are nothing like that.  They are like… sticks of funnel cake.  Or deep fried cake.  Or buttery pancake sticks.  It’s just too much.  I’ve already had them twice this week.  If only I had my dad’s metabolism (which I used to have until college, aka Papa John’s) I could eat butter-filled products on a daily basis and never gain a pound.

I have found myself wanting to cook different things recently.  Nothing that I could cook on any regular day.  I want to discover different flavors and use them in crazy ways.  Like using nutmeg in macaroni and cheese.  What?  Can it be done?  Yes.  I am delving into the adventure that is known as French cooking.  Jake loves French food and I am currently taking an independent study French class (which I haven’t done anything for, yet) so I say go big or go home.  Send me recipes and then formulate my life plan of how to become a million-heiress or better, a billion-heiress.  Also, if you read my blog follow me!  I only have like 12 followers and I find that really embarrassing.

Love y’all.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey now, I lost an election and have three followers. If you want, I'll bring drinks to our pity party.

    ReplyDelete