Monday, July 19, 2010

An ode to the haters.

Recently I have had an interesting amount of negative comments. Here’s my response.

I’m feeling as if some of these folks don’t quite “get” me. That’s fine if you don’t, but don’t try and argue with me across the means of cyberspace. I really don’t have time to explain to you “I got my mind on my money and my money on my mind” are Snoop Dogg lyrics. You need to take responsibility for your own lack of pop culture knowledge.

This is America. We can all do what we want. We don’t live in China for a reason. If you want to blow coke off the bathroom counter, fine. I’m not going to do it with you, but you go right ahead. Therefore I can write what I want. If I use a word in the wrong text, maybe I wanted to. What do you think about that, anonymous?

That’s the other thing. If you’re going to go balls out and write some crazy shenanigans all over MY blog, at least sign your name. I’m wondering whether these people actually know me or are arguing just to argue.

I have had a lot of experience with arguers. My Dad is a lawyer. Jake is an expert arguer. I can take you. The question is: do you want me to? Can you handle it, anonymous? Doubtful. Verrrrry doubtful.

I don’t want there to be any confusion between criticism and negativity. I can take criticism that is constructive to my writing by those that are qualified to do so. I can’t take mental retards trying to correct my language. It just doesn’t work for me. Furthermore, why is it necessary to make a comment on my socioeconomic status? Of which, I am not a member of “wealthy white girl” status. I am neither wealthy nor white. I do not appreciate rudeness. There is no reason to be ugly.

Finally, here’s the big question: If you are so bored, annoyed, or offended by my blog then why are you reading it? Why are you commenting on it? Once again, I reign supreme. Grand supreme, if we’re talking in pageant terms.

Therefore I set new rules: No more mean comments. Only comments that make me want to dance in a field of rainbows, flowers, and kittens.

Please be respectful and keep it classy. Cheeeeeeeeeeeese. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying your writing, Anna. This says something because I'm hard to please. I may have shit for punctuation and my diction is elementary at times, but your writing is fine. I thought someone else had written the blog about tubing/cheese dip/Arkansas and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was you. One question though, how are you not white?
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post response on facebook, please. Since I don't have a blog here.
    peace,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally agree with anonymous and actually I'm just kiddinggg. I have recently become obsessed with you and have been stalking you from afar (sorry, I can't help it). Your writing is fabulous and truuuust me, I am very critical of writing (since my blog is so awesome....not). In the wise words of 3LW "haters, they gonna hate" - don't worry about 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upon reading this, I think we should enter pageants. Grand supreme anything seems quite like my cup of tea. Anyways, this is absurd and I admire your ability to attract idiots like a spider's web. I MISS YOU. PS, Charlotte has not been present for some time now....food for thought...

    Cg

    ReplyDelete